Demineralisation process involves removal of ions by means of Ion Exchange Resins. Afval uses this treatment to reduce these dissolved solids to low level which helps prevention of scaling in process loops especially in boiler. Ion exchange resins are available in cation form as well as anion form. Depending on feed water quality, the first vessel contains either strong or weak base cation that removes all cations. It’s followed by a vessel which contains either a strong or a weak base anion resin removes all anions.
When the system gets exhausted or conductivity rises above a target value, the units will have to be taken off line and should be regenerated. This process is designed to restore the resin beads to original form. Widely used regeneration chemicals are hydrochloric acid, Sulphuric acid and sodium hydroxide.
We offer a complete skid mounted system with modular design and fully automated plants (on customer request). We offer various combinations; selection of system combination is based on treated water quality and application of treated water.
- SAC – SBA
- SAC – DGT – SBA
- SAC – DGT – WBA – SBA – MB
- SAC – WBA – SBA – MB
- SAC – SBA – MB
- RO – MB
Some of the Advantages of DM Plant
- Provides consistent treated water quality irrespective of the feed water quality.
- Provides high quality of treated water.
- Minimum energy requirements thus save power cost.
- Can be fully automated, hence minimum attention of manpower.
- Modular skid mounted units, easy to relocate.